Why is an oil change important? Why should I get my oil changed? There is some controversy over when exactly you should change your oil, but that depends on your specific car, and these factors
- You drive like a knucklehead: jackrabbit starts, heavy acceleration or high-speed driving
- You live where the climate is extremely hot or cold
- You often drive on dirt roads
- Your engine is old and burns oil
- You frequently carry heavy loads (several mothers-in-law or other cargo) 🙂
Let’s see what the Car Talk guys have to say about this car maintenance necessity.
Car Talk Service Advice: Oil Changes | Car Talk.